Posted in Monthly Weight Loss

January 2014 Weight Loss

2014-02-01 12.35.29

This year I am going to lose 50 pounds. Notice I said, I am going to lose 50 pounds. Not that I plan to lose or that I intend to lose. I believe affirming what your saying is 75% of the battle. The other 25% is actually doing. But with anything it all begins in the mind.

I know this is somewhat late getting started for the year, but to tell you the truth I have been busy. I am going to keep myself accountable by doing a present weight loss-weight gain-no weight loss at the end of every month.

Here are my stats for January 2014:

Weight Loss Goal 2014: 50 lbs

Monthly Pounds Lost for January 2014: 5 lbs

Pounds to Lose:  45 lbs

Inches lost: 1′ rib, 1′ waist, and 1.5′ hip

January 2014 was a time for me to reflect on what my new weight loss goal would be since I lost only 3 lbs during the holidays. Which in the grand scheme of things is not bad but would have been better if it was like 10 lbs. I stated away from alcohol and ate normal for most days. I did not let people pressure me to overeat. I have learned to politely decline when I am not hungry.

In March 2014 will be one year with no cold drinks. I have to say that to date, I honestly don’t miss them, even Diet Mountain Dew.

I know this is late for January but I promise to post February’s weight loss/gain in a more timely manner. 🙂